At the beginning of the 20th century, while the island was still a privileged place sought after by summer visitors, a new owner acquired it. On April 22, 1909, James Bailey (1847-1914), a marine superintendent residing in Montreal, bought the entire island from Alexander Walker, on which there was still no construction.
This new buyer had a major project. He wanted to make the island a paradise holiday destination that he planned to call Isle Cadieux – Summer Resort. In this perspective, he proceeded to the cadastre and the subdivision of the island in nearly 65 lots for sale. James Bailey sold his first land in September 1909.